The High Times Cannabis Cup Michigan: People's Choice Edition is aimed to identify and award the best cannabis products in all of Michigan, all across a wide range of different categories, all to be judged by the great people of Michigan.
This event will be the second-ever competition that is open to the Michigan public and will see the largest pool of judges in history. This is a sampling dream to get your products into the hands of hundreds of new customers who will provide feedback on your entries, plus thousands of impressions.
May the best products win!
2022 ESTIMATED TIMELINE:
March 21 – March 25: Intake/Product submissions
April 16: Judge Kits Available across Michigan
April 16 – June 12: Judging Timeframe
Award Show: Sunday, June 26 at 4:20pm ET
2022 Cup Categories:
Distillate Vape Pens & Cartridges
Non-Distillate Vape Pens & Cartridges
Sublinguals, Capsules, Tinctures + Topicals
EXCLUSIVE DISPENSARIES OF JUDGE KITS:
- Hayat Cannabis – 634 W. 9 Mile, Hazel Park, 48030
- 5&Dime – 20561 Dwyer Street, Detroit, 48234
- Motown Meds – 18334 W. Warren Avenue, Detroit, 48228
- Shake & Bake – 20477 Schaefer Highway, Detroit, 48235
- Dank on Arrival (DOA) – 3650 Patterson Road, Bay City, 48706
- Remedii Natural Health, Bay City – 3557 Wilder Road, Bay City, 48706
- Remedii Natural Health, Battle Creek – 160 E. Columbia Avenue, Battle Creek, 49015
- Remedii Natural Health, Stateline – 989 S. Main Street, Morenci, 49256
- The Remedii Station – 302 E. Huron Avenue, Vassar, 48768
- Breeze – 24517 John R. Road, Hazel Park, 48030
- Exclusive – 3820 Varsity Drive, Ann Arbor, 48108
- Exclusive, Grand Rapids – 2350 29th Street, Grand Rapids 49508
- Exclusive, Kalamazoo – 937 Foster Avenue, Kalamazoo, 49048
- Exclusive, Muskegon – 4515 E. Apple Avenue, Muskegon, 49442
- The Clinic Cannabis Center – 13815 M-102, Detroit, 48235
- House of Dank, 8 Mile – 3340 E. 8 Mile Road, Detroit, 48234
- House of Dank, Bel-Air – 8600 E. 8 Mile Road, Suite 28, Detroit, 48234
- House of Dank, Fort Street – 3394 S. Fort Street, Detroit, 48217
- House of Dank, Gratiot – 12668 Gratiot Avenue, Detroit, 48205
- House of Dank, Livernois – 2710 Livernois, Detroit, 48209
- House of Dank, Traverse City – 514 Munson Avenue, Traverse City 49686
- House of Dank, Ypsilanti – 350 Ecorse Road, Suite B, Ypsilanti
- House of Dank, Center Line – 26829 Lawrence Avenue, Center Line
- Ascend Cannabis, Scribner – 1336 Scribner Avenue, NW, Grand Rapids 49504
- Elite Wellness, Jackson – 6031 Ann Arbor Road, Jackson, 49201
- Higher Love Cannabis Co, Marquette – 344 W. Washington Street, Marquette, 49855
- Higher Love Cannabis Co., Crystal Falls – 116 Superior Avenue, Crystal Falls, 49920
- High Profile, Buchanan – 804 E. Front Street, Buchanan, 49107
- Jars Cannabis, Mt. Pleasant – 1005 Corporate Drive, Mt. Pleasant, 48858
- North Coast Provisions, Sault Ste. Marie – 2972 W. Eighth St, Sault Ste. Marie, 49783
- Puff Cannabis Company, Utica – 44825 Van Dyke Avenue, Utica, 48317
- Pure Options, Frandor – 125 N. Clippert, Lansing, 48912
- Greenhouse – 103 E Walled Lake Dr, Walled Lake, 48390
Please contact us below for details on entry requirements and pricing:
General Info: CannabisCup.com
Judging Updates: CannabisCup.com/preregister
What is the High Times Cannabis Cup Michigan: People’s Choice?
The High Times Cannabis Cup Michigan: People’s Choice Edition is a competition aimed to identify and award the best licensed cannabis products in all of Michigan, all across a wide range of different categories, all to be judged by the great people of Michigan.
This competition will be the second-ever competition that is open to the Michigan public and will see the largest pool of judges in history. This is a sampling dream to get your products into the hands of hundreds of new customers who will provide feedback on your entries, plus thousands of impressions. May the best products win.
When is the High Times Cannabis Cup People’s Choice?
March 21-25: MRA-licensed Product Submissions in Detroit, MI
April 16: Judge Kits On-sale across Michigan
April 16-June 12: Judging Timeframe. All scores are due by 11:59pm ET on June 12
Sunday, June 26 at 4:20pm ET: Digital Award Show
Will there be a live Cannabis Cup festival event?
No, there will not be a Cannabis Cup festival in Michigan this year. Judges will purchase their kits and judge each product from home using the online High Times judging portal over the course of 60 days. High Times will then tally the data and announce the winners on a free, digital awards show.
What are the categories for the People’s Choice Cups?
- Indica Flower
- Sativa Flower
- Hybrid Flower
- Infused Pre-Rolls
- Solvent Concentrates
- Non-Solvent Concentrates
- Distillate Vape Pens & Cartridges
- Non-Distillate Vape Pens & Cartridges
- Edibles: Gummies
- Edibles: Non-Gummies
- Sublinguals, Capsules, Tinctures + Topicals
- Indica Flower
- Sativa Flower
- Hybrid Flower
What is a Judge Kit?
A High Times Cannabis Cup Judge Kit is a High Times backpack, filled with quality product from top brands across Michigan. Each kit will be specific to one of the categories and will contain multiple products up to the purchase limits within that category. For example, the Indica Flower kit may have 25-40 or more 1g samples of different Indica flower strains from various cultivators.
How many products will come in a Judge Kit?
Each category will have different numbers of samples based on how many competitors submit into that category. Sativa Flower may have 25 1g entries while Hybrid Flower may have 45 1g entries. Vape Pens may have 20 .5g entries, while Concentrates may have 15 .5g entries. We will announce the final categories, number of items per category, and pricing by April 10 or as soon as the information is available.
How much do Judge kits cost?
Pricing of Judge Kits will vary based on the category and how many items are in that category. For example, in 2021, the Indica Flower kit had (35) 1g samples and was priced at $275 before taxes. The Edibles: Gummies kit had (12) gummy packages and was priced at $80 before taxes.
How can I sign up for judging?
You do not need to apply to be a judge. All kits are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis at select retailers across Michigan. You may sign up for judging update emails at CannabisCup.com/preregister and you will be the first ones to get an email as we have more updates.
What does it mean to be a judge?
We want great judges who will take the time to fully score all products by the deadline of June 12 at 11:59pm ET and give detailed comments on Aesthetics, Aroma, Taste, Effects and other qualities of each product. The growers put their hearts and souls into making these products and we expect the same from our judges. Upon purchasing a Judge Kit, inside of the backpack is a scorecard with a link and access code to the High Times Judging Portal. You will record all scores into the portal for each sample entry. You may post content of judging to your social handles for a chance to be featured and reposted by High Times! We will also pick out great comments from great judges and read them off during the Award Show. Please keep your scoring confidential until the results are announced.
Where are kits sold?
High Times will partner with a select few dispensaries in each state to be the exclusive retailers of the High Times Judge Kits. We will release the retail dispensary addresses and dates for pick-up once they are confirmed for each state. Stay tuned on our social media channels @hightimesmagazine and on CannabisCup.com for more info.
How many kits will each dispensary have?
Each dispensary will have a very limited number of kits. Some dispensaries may have 2 of every category, while some may have 20. We encourage you to be ready to show up early on April 16 at your closest dispensary to secure your spot in line and get the kit of your choice. We also recommend calling dispensaries in advance to check on how many kits they have available and what time they open for business.
How do I become a participant in the Cup?
You may participate by either being a licensed cultivator or processor and enter product, or you may be a judge and purchase a kit of product to judge. Please send us a note at CannabisCup.com/contact.
How much money or product is required to enter the competition?
Pricing and entry requirements will vary based on certain categories and other factors. Please visit CannabisCup.com for more info and reach out to us at Competition@hightimes.com with any questions.
Can I compete as a homegrower or caretaker?
Unfortunately, no, as the MRA requires us to work with MRA-licensed companies with licensed and tested product that can be legally and compliantly accepted and sold at licensed dispensaries.